- I would like to contribute to YUTE, how do I go about making a donation?Financial contributions are processed online through our donations portal. However if you encounter any difficulties you may contact our main office at 1 (876) 922-6670 ext 2061 or make a direct deposit to the account below:
Bank: Bank of Nova Scotia, Jamaica
Branch: Corners of Duke and Port Royal Streets, Kingston
Name on Account: Youth Upliftment Through Employment Limited
Account Type: Savings
Account No.: 802677
If you would like to contribute your time or in-kind support you can sign up to be a YUTE Volunteer or YUTE Mentor.
- How many inner city communities does YUTE operate in?Youth from 35 inner-city communities across the parishes of Kingston, St. Andrew and St. Catherine are eligible to benefit from the programme.
- Does YUTE operate outside of the Kingston Metropolitan Area?YUTE currently does not operate outside of the Kingston Metropolitan Area.
- I live outside the targeted communities. Can I still apply to a YUTE programme?YUTE ‘s mandate is to assist in the development of unattached youth from the communities in which we operate. Unfortunately at this point we cannot accept applications from individuals who live outside of these areas or regions.
- Does YUTE provide funding?YUTE is a non-profit organisation that provides skills and employability training to young people at no cost to the participants. Our participants typically receive a stipend to assist them to cover their cost for transportation. YUTE however, does not provide grants, scholarships or funding to any individuals or organisations of any kind.
- Does YUTE offer scholarships?YUTE currently does not currently offer scholarships.
- What level of certification does YUTE provide?Certification is dependent on the programme in which you enroll. See programme details for specific information relating to certifications
- What academic levels are eligible? I have completed my undergraduate degree or diploma. Can I still apply?YUTE is geared towards young people who would otherwise be unable to matriculate into university based on circumstances, we accept persons up to the CSEC level but there is no set academic requirements to enter the YUTE programme unless it is stated specifically
- Will I be interviewed?Yes, upon applying for the programme of choice selected participants will be interviewed to assess their skill set to ensure they are a good fit for the programme.
- Where can I submit my application form if I am applying from outside the Kingston Metro Area?The primary means of submitting applications to participate in YUTE is through this website. To see a list of available YUTE programmes please click here. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer or mentor click here.
- When is the application deadline for YUTE programmes?Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, but there are specific deadlines in relation to your programme of choice, see our “Featured Programmes” here.
- When will I be informed of the outcome of my application?Feedback on your applications will be tied to the programme timeline. Typically successful applicants should hear from us within a month of the closure of the application period.